My Regimen

Even though my product vault is pretty healthy, I like to keep my routine simple. I just like trying different things!

Cleanse: weekly shampoo with Shikakai coconut bar or Shea Moisture moisture retention; tea tree shampoo about every 4 weeks to clarify

Condition: cowash 1-2 times per wk during cooler temps, 2-4 times per week in warmer temps; weekly or midweek condition with a good hydrating conditioner

Detangle: I usually finger detangle with cowashes during the week, thorough detangle with a shower comb once a week

Henna: henna conditioning treatment every 4-6 weeks

Moisturize: I always apply a leave in conditioner to keep my curls extra soft and hydrated, and to keep the hair from tangling. Sometimes I use a lightweight moisture lotion over the leave in depending on the temp conditions for wash and go styles. For twists/braids, I apply a leave in, then a heavier moisture butter or cream.

Sealing: sealing is using an oil or butter to lock in moisture. I seal more so during the cooler months using a homemade oil concoction containing castor oil or Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir. *Castor oil is my ultimate favorite oil for the winter and grapeseed for warmer weather. No dryness here!

Protective Styling: I usually wear two strand twists as a protective style alternating weeks with wash and go's, and cover the hair with scarves or lined hats. From time to time my alter ego requests to indulge in a wig lol.








No comments:

Post a Comment